RE: Microsoft Windows ME:KB825119

From: Ben [MSFT] (blim_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/17/04

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 00:52:12 GMT

Cecil,

If you are getting this security bulleting through a microsoft.com web site
or Windows Update then it will be ok to download and install. But if you
are receiving notifications of this through other methods such as email it
may be a hoax. Please refer to the following link:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/authenticate_mail.asp

Hope that helps.

blim
--------------------
| >From: "Cecil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| >Sender: "Cecil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| >Subject: Microsoft Windows ME:KB825119
| >Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:00:50 -0700
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.security
| >
| >I read the instructions, talking about agreeing to, etc.
| >Can I safely download this without damage to my computer.
| >
| >I have a gateway Mellenium 2000
| >Cecil

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Possible virus!
    ... > didn't work then we might have to do a fresh install. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Does anybody know what virus ive got?
    ... > Internet Security after I install it. ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: after installing KB011829 OWA is not working anymore
    ... Windows Vista or IE 7.0 no longer includes support for the ActiveX control ... The resolution for this issue is to install hotfix KB 911829. ... and to the back-end server. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
  • Re: yahoo messanger?2
    ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... More full function applications for CD/DVD burning would be: ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... are pay - some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: Pop-up problem