Re: WK2 AD Security

From: wetbehindears (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/16/04

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:36:03 -0700

Steve,

We have about 55 user with all W2K workstations. We are trying to tighten up security with logging in. Right now we have absolutely no security what so ever and my responsibility is to change that.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: block internet at two workstations
    ... It looks like your router only allows ... block internet at two workstations ... prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How to ... 2nd request
    ... There are only 3 ways to restrict what workstations users ... There are two policies you can set to acheive the desired results. ... "Allow logon locally" you could set this up to be inclusive of all groups ... And yet another caveat to policies under the security node. ...
  • Re: How to ... 2nd request
    ... There are only 3 ways to restrict what workstations users ... There are two policies you can set to acheive the desired results. ... "Allow logon locally" you could set this up to be inclusive of all groups ... And yet another caveat to policies under the security node. ...
  • RE: Remote Installation Services, DoOldStyleDomainJoin=Yes
    ... This security setting determines which groups or users can add workstations ... On one of the Domain Controllers, open Domain Controller Security Policy ... >Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Microsoft Strategic Technology Protection Program
    ... servers and workstations through GPOs. ... that it's impossible for users to inadvertently execute worm scripts. ... and other security patches using startup scripts written in JScript. ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)