Re: Administrators group becomes read-only permission

From: Steven Umbach (n9rou_at_n0spam-comcast.net)
Date: 04/05/04

Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 02:36:18 GMT

In the file security page select advanced/ownership and select administrators.
Once you have taken ownership you can change permissions to give yourself full
control. The sid strings usually indicate unresolveable user/group names which
may indicate a problem communicating with a domain controller if a domain
machine or deleted user/groups on a local machine that had permissions assigned
to them. --- Steve

"Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have group permissions setup to a folder that is shared
> for a team. All the files in the folder have Full Control
> for Administrators Group and other permissions for 2 other
> groups. One of the file's permission changed suddenly that
> nobody can modify it. Administrators Group changed to read-
> only, the other 2 groups changed to SID strings. I cannot
> change the permissions back to normal even I have
> Administrator rights. Please advise . . . . .
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Restricting Certain Binaries - Steve?
    ... ntfs/share permissions, eliminating unnecessary services, etc. ... administrators group from the "access this computer from the network" user right ... I don't know exactly how an attacker or worm gets system control. ... > execute any of these binaries from my desktop. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Install Office XP SP 3 - fullfile download asks for CDROM
    ... The problem was circumvented when I added FULL CONTROL permission for ... Administrators local group to the registry key ... > I did look at the permissions for the empty key OptionalComponents, ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • Re: Install Office XP SP 3 - fullfile download asks for CDROM
    ... The problem was circumvented when I added FULL CONTROL permission for ... Administrators local group to the registry key ... > I did look at the permissions for the empty key OptionalComponents, ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)
  • GPO to Solve this Issue
    ... problems but in this case the permissions are set up so that Everyone has ... full control on the share permissions and the NTFS permissions are set so ... Can anyone shed any light on the ACTUAL workings of the home folder mapping ...
  • GPO for Resolution