Locked out of part of partition hard drive...HELP

From: blkscorp (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/04/04

Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 00:21:03 -0800

Hi,

I was running my computer just fine when it froze for a
bit. I reseted the computer and every was back in order
except one of my hard drive which partitioned is now
locked out and asks me if I'd like to "format" it. I was
wonder if there is any way to get it back since I have
alot of important data on that partition.

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Locked out of part of partition hard drive...HELP
    ... did you have a Dynamic Drive overlay instaled, ... > I was running my computer just fine when it froze for a ... > alot of important data on that partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: changing FATS32 to NTFS
    ... to change to ntfs,how can i do that?Thanks alot. ... without having to format the partition and reinstall everything. ... Converting FAT32 to NTFS in Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: HD problems on HP Pavillion ze5602ea notebook
    ... I had only created a single 7 gig partition before, so the rest of the drive ... was RAW and unformatted (it wouldnt format from XP setup remember) So after ... Management I tried to format it, after half an hour it hadnt done anything ... > 30GB drives are not terribly expensive any more. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Hard drive
    ... the current format is FAT32 and when i try to boot from the 80GB hard drive, formated as NTFS it comes up with: NOT FOUND ANY [Active Partition] in HDD. ... (Win2K ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Re: cannot format / install xp
    ... format partition C but then had the error - Invalid Partition, ... managed to format partition C, but cannot get any further, as even though it ... I purchased a new drive to format, install XP, recover the lost data on ... Try using the Manufacturer of the new Hard Drives own Installation Software. ...