Domain Controller Security Policy vs. Domain Security Policy?

From: HG (none_at_none.com)
Date: 03/23/04

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:00:19 GMT

Which one of these two takes precedents over the other one.

If I want to setup the Audit Policies for my domain what do I need to do?
This is the scenario.

I have 5 domain controllers 1 local and 4 at different locations (1 at each
location)

I want to setup Account Logon Events (S,F) for my global domain, so I can
have a ticket of every USER loggin on and off my environment on a daily
basis. However, I do not want to receive LOGON ON/OFF from Anonymous or
Machine Names.

Now, If I go to my "APPLICATIONSRV" which is the local domain controller, I
can go to Start>Programs>Administrativee Tools>Active Directory Users and
Computers>Highlight the Directory>Righ Click>Properties>Group Policy
tab>Click Edit button>Group Policy window>Default Domain Policy
[servername.childdomain.rootdomain.com] Policy>Computer
Configuration>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Local Policies>Audit
Policies> The Success and Failure audit looks the same as the one under
Start>Programs>Administrativee Tools>Domain Security Policy.

I think, correct me if I'm wrong that Domain Security Policy and the Group
Policy window are the same.
So, my question is: What is the difference between Domain Security Policy
and Domain Controller Security Policy?

Thanks
GX

Relevant Pages

  • Domain Security pollicy
    ... Well the problem is that the domain was setup, ... that the security policy was set and then the only user ... and local interactive logon is blocked. ... rebuild the domain controller, but I want to know how I ...
  • Re: Interactive Logon Prohibited on DC
    ... What security policy did you change? ... there a TS license server up and running? ... although this is setup just as Terminal Services in Remote ...
  • Re: Security for "Program Files"
    ... solution or security policy that needs to be setup to allow you to do ... We are trying to autoupdate a user who has been setup as a ... standard user. ...
  • Re: Domain users unable to change password
    ... As I indicated, if the user logs onto the domain using an ICA or RDP client, ... I did notice that the Security Policy Setting for "Additional restrictions ... > Check their user accounts in AD Users and Computer to make sure that they ... > 2003 domain controller try running the Resultant Set of Policy mmc snapin ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: issue accessing an AD server
    ... You can reset local security settings to default defined levels as described ... However on a domain controller, ... Security Policy will override user rights assignments. ... > restore the server from tape. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)