'C\WINNT\system32\services.exe' terminated unexpectedlt with status code 128.

From: tk (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/22/04

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:48:53 -0800

Help! I get this error when i turn on my laptop
'SMART drive failure predicted on hard disk 0
WARNING:immedietly backup your data and replace your hard
disk drive. a failure may be imminent.
press f1 to comtinue.'

I press f1 snd i get the following

'C\WINNT\system32\services.exe' terminated unexpectedlt
with status code 128. the system will now shut down and
restart.

and it does just that i must have had a virus. I can the
computer into safe mode. HELP!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Time for a new laptop?
    ... action was to by an external hard disk with backup software for incremental backup which was performed every day. ... Two days before the new laptop arrived, ... Even better, my place of work has a service contract with Dell, which meant that the defect hard disk on the old one was replaced, and my son now has a quite nice laptop in his final year before university. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Making an image of my HDD
    ... I'm considering doing some dangerous tinkering with my laptop. ... If data has not changed from the previous backup, ... as an incremental backup. ... Another thing you might look at is the Hard Disk Upgrade HOWTO. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: WELL AND TRULY OT: Computer Advice
    ... I notice that this situation is particularly pronounced with Windows for Mac, ... At a guess your machine is either short of RAM memory or the hard disk is ... backup are those that have lost everything once. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Fully updated system with up-to-date AV now hacked!
    ... a different hard disk to preserve those backups in case of file system ... It's definitely set to boot from the hard drive first. ... could then be used thereafter to backup this repeatedly victimized host. ... Comodo Time Machine is probably easy enough for a boob user ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: External HDD vs Reinstall XP
    ... "Backup is a computer user's best friend." ... "If I shut down without using the icon to close down the external drive, will I lose the data on that drive?" ... The objective of write caching is to free the fast PC from the slow mechanics of the hard disk. ... First reinstall Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)