Admin Rights? > Can't Install

From: Jason (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/20/04

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:52:01 -0800

I seem to be having a problem with a laptop and
installing any program with a user. She can't install
anything, yet she has admin rights. I can't install
anything either, and i have admin rights, also part of
the admin domain group for our domain. Now 2 users who
both have admin rights, and still can't install anything?
Is there anything else anyone can suggest, i'm going to
try a local install with admin account in the next few
days. But as for that, is there anything else anyone can
suggest to try?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP and netlogon script privilages
    ... I looked into Power Users, but even on some of the basic packages we use, they complained about Admin rights then failed to install. ... Hence I've stuck with the logon scripts which I can control to the n'th degree. ... Group Policy Software Deployment Background: ...
  • Re: XP and netlogon script privilages
    ... they complained about Admin rights then failed to install. ... This seems a crappy way of giving users local admin rights. ... Most of my deployment applications work via Netlogon scripts. ... Group Policy Software Deployment Background: ...
  • Re: Local Administrators
    ... rights the user can't install new apps but the apps have already been ... Administrator ie if you later install MS OFFICE or something else. ... > wrong) it repeating until the user had admin rights. ... >> the second reboot you login as Domain Administrator so that the Client ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows 2003 remote admin access
    ... Unfortunately the only reason this guy has admin rights is a political one. ... for the IIS webs to see if this is indeed what's happening? ... be done over the ports that are allowed. ... server, and/or, of the IIS install as one example, or simple ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Running two versions
    ... in 5) I get an error "Error initializing Application object". ... install each of them in its own directory. ... If VFP5 was installed without admin rights you may get that type of error. ... It might be as simple as getting someone with admin rights to re-install VFP5 to get it to work. ...