Re: Hide Subfolders of a Share

pmasters_at_kea.com
Date: 03/18/04

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:07:36 -0800

thanks....I thought that was the case, but wasn't sure
with 2k or 2k...

thanks
om

the
<rs_dovers@yaho.com>
>says...
>
>> You can hide the folders by putting a $ at the end of
the folder
>> name, but this will hide it from everyone even if you
have access to it.

>This hides the share, not the folders that are on that
share.

>--
>Paul Adare
>Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.
>H. G. Wells, The Wife of Sir Isaac Harman
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Read only
    ... microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin news group, Dan ... > and remove the check and apply the change to all folders ... The Wife of Sir Isaac Harman ...
  • Re: Cannot find c: drive on either computer
    ... folders but not c:drive. ... Have netwporked ny desktop and laptop in the past. ... Steve Winograd, MS-MVP ... Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...
  • Re: permissions in place but access denied
    ... You might want to try the General.WIN2000 News Group. ... How are you granting permissions to the folders? ... do not give the individual user account object permissions to folders - most ...
  • Re: What resources does my security group have access to?
    ... Not trying to be rude, ... search this news group before ... > I am aware that CACLS & XCACLS will allow you to view the ACL information ... but I am looking for a way to view all folders ...
  • Re: What resources does my security group have access to?
    ... > So, not to be rude, you don't know the answer. ... >> search this news group before ... >> Roanoke, VA 24012 ... >>> Is there a method of determining what resources (folders on file ...