Re: Workstation C: security settings

From: Dave (dave_at_dave.com)
Date: 02/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:55:17 -0800

Steve, I looked at the article that you gave a link to.

Is there a setting under domain Group Policies that does the same?

I'll look more into it and see what I can find.

Thanks!!!

> > Hi,
> >
> > We have a win2k domain with winXP workstations. The security settings
on
> > the winXP C: are as follows.
> >
> > Administrator - Full Control: This folder, subfolders and files
> > CREATOR OWNER - Full Control: Subfolders and files only
> > Everyone - Read & Execute: This folder only
> > SYSTEM - Full Control: This folder, subfolders and files
> > Users - Read & Execute: This folder, subfolders and files
> > Users - Create Folders / Append Data: This folder and subfolders
> > Users - Create Files / Write Data: Subfolders only
> >
> > I find that this allows the user to use pretty much all of the C drive
> > write data to, including installing programs(not in Program Files). Is
this
> > a security risk? If yes, what recommendations can I follow to tighten
up
> > the security?
> >
> > Thanks!!!
> > Dave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Workstation C: security settings
    ... Is there a setting under domain Group Policies that does the same? ... > too many permissions to the root folder. ... including installing programs(not in Program Files). ... >> a security risk? ...