Re: Surely Someone Knows?

From: John (john_at_REMOVETHISstreeterhome.plus.com)
Date: 02/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:51:51 -0000

Are you running the Google toolbar?
This problem seems to have been caused by a google download re-skinning
your google toolbar for valentines day.

The browser can be corrected to open the dial up connection automatically by
either uninstalling the google toolbar or going into registry HKEY_CURRENT
_USER\Software\Google\NavClient.1\Promo where you will see the url for the
valentines day skin and a ref to a file ggext*.dll

I deleted this key and the file in C:\WNNT (or it may be in
C:\programs|google) and the browser is back to normal -so far!

This advice is posted elsewhere in USENET so seems to be a universal problem
down to Google

John S

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PageRank Inconsistencies etc.
    ... > Roy Schestowitz wrote: ... It is worth having a status icon somewhere in the window. ... >> your browser not as an errant tourist on the Net, ... PRGooglebar, the Googlebar project, the Google Toolbar, the Perl interfaces ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: IE not loading pages/long load time
    ... > Whenever I open a new browser, and type an address in/click a bookmark, ... These are working servers. ... I try to press on a bookmark, ... the Google Toolbar, the problem went away. ...
  • Removal from registiry
    ... I installed pbar toolbar which sits on ... browser for any search (like google toolbar). ... Do help to get rid of this software by tweaking registry ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)
  • Re: Removal from registiry
    ... > I installed pbar toolbar which sits on ... > browser for any search (like google toolbar). ... > wanted to uninstall but it doesn't have uninstall utility ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)
  • Re: Surely Someone Knows?
    ... Are you running the Google toolbar? ... This problem seems to have been caused by a google download re-skinning ... your google toolbar for valentines day. ... The browser can be corrected to open the dial up connection automatically by ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)