Re: permission for all users to unlock computer

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 02/10/04

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:34:13 -0800

I do log off and when it goes on standby... I have to
unlock it if one of the other power users need to log on.
rights on the
>computer. If other people need to log onto your PC, you
ought to log off
>first, anyway.
>
>KevinL wrote:
>> How do I grant all users that I have added to my
computer,
>> permission to unlock the computer, without it having to
be
>> unlocked by an administrator first?
>>
>> All users have to log on to use, but if I have been on
>> first, then I have to unlocked it before anyone else can
>> then log on.
>>

>> Kevin
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Cant delegate Unlock right after following KB294952
    ... After following the steps in this KB and in KB 279723 (how to grant ... help-desk access to unlock), The "account locked" switch is still greyed out ...
  • Re: permission for all users to unlock computer
    ... I don't think you can do this unless you grant them admin rights on the ... If other people need to log onto your PC, you ought to log off ... > permission to unlock the computer, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • permission for all users to unlock computer
    ... How do I grant all users that I have added to my computer, ... permission to unlock the computer, ... unlocked by an administrator first? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • unlock computer
    ... I have a Toshiba 2400 Laptop linked to a desktop computer ... blinked: "Standby." ... User Name: Administrator ... so I can't unlock the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)