Re: "account unknown" on acl cannot be removed without blocking inheritence

From: David Grant (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/02/04

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:07:49 -0800

This is happening in a number of folders. They are all
normal folders that contain Word documents, spreadsheets,
etc.

structure? Some of
>the folders there aren't really directories, they are
links to other folders

wrote in message
>> I have several folders with an "Account Unknown" entry
on
>> the ACL that cannot be removed without turning off
>> inheriting permissions. However, the parent folder
does
>> not contain that ACL entry, indicating to me that
>> the "Account Unknown" ACL entry is not being inherited.
>> My questions are:
>>
>> 1. Why do I need to turn off inheritence when clearly
>> that particular ACL entery is not being inherited?
>>
>> 2. Why do "Account Unknown" entries show up in the
first
>> place and how can I easily remove them?
>>
>> More info:
>>
>> Our domain has never had a trust relationship. The box
>> in question is a DC running Windows 2000 Server SP4.
>> Some of the files and directories may have been copied
>> from an NT4 DC in the past.
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Public Folders - Event ID 9551
    ... I'm a relative neophyte when it comes to Exchange - I've managed it on ... The public folders were migrated across from one of the old Exchange ... ACL because I was getting numerous 9551 errors in the event log on the ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Folder permissions & security??
    ... Messing with permissions can create a mess - what follows comes from memory ... If you go under the security tab for the ACL it ... Now he can access the parent folder, ... cant access 3 of the 6 child folders on the drive nor can he edit the ACL ...
  • ACL and deleted groups
    ... I'm writing a script which writes the ACL of folders to a file. ... This work fine however there are folders that show deleted groups in the ACL. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: How can I control folder permissions when creating a folder
    ... > I'll dig into the ACL stuff a bit more. ... > get into it was the idea of trying to figure out what permissions to add ... folder are the same on Win2K and WinXP? ... I hope that means your application's folders, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Using MBINFO.exe with Exchange 2003 SP1
    ... re-permissioning of their mailbox folders. ... pull the new AD SID into the ACL so that when we remove SIDHistory, ... He wants to target the users that use sharing. ... shows permissions granted via delegates. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)