REPOST: Why are not all certificate templates listed for issuance?

From: Bert Roos (reply_at_to.group)
Date: 12/19/03

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:57:45 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the example "Certificate Services example
implementation: Establishing autoenrollment for user certificates" as
described at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/entserver/sag_CS_userauto_example.asp
but after clicking "Certificate to Issue", the new "Autoenrolled User"
certificate is not listed. I've checked the security and waited for 3 days
but it doesn't show up. Actually, the list of issuable certificate templates
(the ones issuable by default plus the group that can be added for issuance)
is considerably shorter than the list of available templates (in a default
installation).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Regards, Bert Roos
(please reply to group).

Relevant Pages

  • Question on autoenrollment process with revoked certificate.
    ... I have an issue on autoenrollment which I need ... If I revoke one such certificate using the MMC snap-in, ... at the backend and gets refreshed in the revoked certificate area of the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Question on autoenrollment process with revoked certificate
    ... I have an issue on autoenrollment which I need ... If I revoke one such certificate using the MMC snap-in, ... at the backend and gets refreshed in the revoked certificate area of the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Question on autoenrollment process with revoked certificate.
    ... I have an issue on autoenrollment which I need ... If I revoke one such certificate using the MMC snap-in, ... at the backend and gets refreshed in the revoked certificate area of the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Autoenrollment - What Does it Do!?
    ... Autoenrollment, when configured for it in a GPO with the correct certificate ... Problems Installing Certificate Services After You Apply the Q323172 Patch: ... or any other newsreader), and configure a news account, pointing to ...
  • Re: Error enrolling machine certs
    ... Make sure that you have enable autoenrollment via Group Policy for computer ... For autoenrollment you either need to use a version 2 certificate template ... Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to ...