Re: cant change password on windows 2000 domain

From: Shane (packetlock_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/01/03

Date: 30 Nov 2003 18:56:43 -0800

Steve,
Thank you very much for you help. I ran the Security Configuration and
Analysis tool and only found three errors. They each had nothing to do
with passwords. One was about the paging file. I read over some of
your links. I may have miss something. Which is definitely true or I
would not have this problem, but I did not read any thing in those
reports that was a solution so far.

I am not aware of any computers in my network that are able to change
their password word when propted to if they are told it will expire or
if they try by using Ctrl+Alt+Del. If I have their account set to
"User must change password at next logon" it works just fine.

I have two OUs one is Users and one is Admin under my domain in active
directory. For the Admin I have it set to not inherit domain policy.
Users from both OUs cannot change password on their own.

Please let me know if there are any other ideas!!

-Shane