Re: Error when trying to access server

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rouz_at_nscomcast.net)
Date: 10/30/03

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:03:07 GMT

Check the user right assignments on the server for access this computer from the
network and deny access this computer from the network. You need to be in the allow
access user right and any entries in deny access will overrides allow rights. ---
Steve

"Ben Samuals" <res0jhe3@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> When I try to map a drive to a server I get the following error.
>
> "The account is not authorized to log in from this station."
>
> I am an administrator of both boxes.
>
> Could this be a security policy?
>
> thx, Larry

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cannot Access Event Viewer, Services etc on 1 Win2000 Server
    ... You may need to add your domain account to the local administrators group on ... "Deny access to this computer from the network" ... I can ping the server by ip and name, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Veritas - You do not have permission to send to this recipient
    ... or not inherited a deny access from somewhere. ... The backup notification is getting e-mailed to the public folder, ... On my Small Business Server where Exchange resides, ... properties "relay restrictions" which tells me computers with the IP ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Deny Access - Sort of
    ... Or you could just make a new print server or allow ... Shares containing sensitive data for a specific User Group. ... We're figuring a fire-and-forget solution would be best i.e. Deny access ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Denying logon
    ... assignments there is a user right for deny logon locally and deny access ... > I need to stop specific network users from logging onto ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • error_log for krishna
    ... that will deny access to your server from that IP till next reboot. ... Huge size of error_log of httpd!!!Please help Urgent ... | Please help as the logs are growing bigger and reducing our bandwidth. ...
    (Security-Basics)