Re: local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_ameritech.net)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:08:57 GMT

The link below may help, but requires network access, putting your hard
drive in another computer, or doing a paralell install. In a worst case you
can reinstall by booting from the install cdrom, but do no reformat and
reinstall into existing \winnt folder that the installation process should
detect asking you to use L to proceed. Your data should be intact, but you
will have to reinstall all of you applications on top of themselves and
locate your original profile under the documents and settings folder for
your my documents folder, etc. --- Steve

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBG/TIP3300/rh3361.htm

"mark" <threeredtails@aol.com> wrote in message
> Problem Description: My system is an INSPIRON 8000. I
> purchased it from a former employer,the error I'm getting
> is: "The local policy of this system does not permit you
> to logon interactively."
>
> Hi. OK, I messed up. I was trying to give myself higher
> security on my (now) personal system through the
> manage/security functions and inadvertantly have secured
> myself out of accessing Windows 2000 Professional. This
> system WAS on a network connected to a server. Now I just
> want to use it for personal use.
>
> How can I override the logon or bypass it so I can correct
> the security rule?
>
> Thanks much for any help you can provide!
>
> Mark
> threeredtails@aol.com
>
> I was able to logon (prior to messing with the security
> rules) as an administrator or as a user ... knowing both
> passwords. Niether are working now (giving the above
> message).

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Event ID 529
    ... ISA is part of the Premium install. ... is that you already have a good security solution in place. ... Logon Failure: ... Caller User Name: MYSVRNAME$ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Thousands of 537 Events in Security Log
    ... I managed to get the Messaging Security Agent to install by not installing ... I have configured proxy settings for both Update and Tracking and Web ... An error occurred during logon ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Locked myself out of the system
    ... is a member of the domain and reconfigure the security policy from there ... assuming you have network access to the domain controller. ... > logon of the user". ... the computer is a domain controller. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Deny Software installation
    ... That's how it is done in XP and if you give out your admin logon, ... it is already turned off in the Guest account. ... Now that you've given up the security you can either change your login ... > Right now the "Guest" account can install software, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)