local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively

From: mark (threeredtails_at_aol.com)
Date: 10/08/03

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:40:04 -0700

Problem Description: My system is an INSPIRON 8000. I
purchased it from a former employer,the error I'm getting
is: "The local policy of this system does not permit you
to logon interactively."

Hi. OK, I messed up. I was trying to give myself higher
security on my (now) personal system through the
manage/security functions and inadvertantly have secured
myself out of accessing Windows 2000 Professional. This
system WAS on a network connected to a server. Now I just
want to use it for personal use.

How can I override the logon or bypass it so I can correct
the security rule?

Thanks much for any help you can provide!

Mark
threeredtails@aol.com

I was able to logon (prior to messing with the security
rules) as an administrator or as a user ... knowing both
passwords. Niether are working now (giving the above
message).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logon Error - Event ID 533
    ... The suggestion regarding security logs should not apply if the overwrite option has been selected and you have the default maximum of 512 kb. ... How to Set Log Size and Overwrite Options ... The user cannot logon and no Profile folder is made, ... screen whether with a domain account or a local account from the ...
  • Re: Help with Security Logs
    ... Security" means that the event was generated by the security ... Primary User is the user context that actually performed the access; ... Client User is the user on behalf of whom the file was accessed. ... The Logon ID fields for Primary User and Client User identify a unique logon ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Logon Issue - could someone explain please
    ... I understand that you get security event 540 ... When a user connects to the shared folder on the SBS server, ... logon auditing, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Help, Ive been hacked
    ... ID: 540 Source: Security ... > Event Type: Failure Audit ... > Event Category: Account Logon ... Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network ...
  • Re: Cant delegate/share to a group
    ... Try changing the Distribution group to a security group. ... The client operation failed". ... > Event Type: Success Audit ... > Successful Network Logon: ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.general)