Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040 - 828750

From: Phil Weldon (pweldon_at_mindspring.com)
Date: 10/04/03

Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 04:04:52 GMT

This may sound harsh.

It is meant to sound harsh.

I just re-read it.

I am still posting it.

Pardon me, but don't you think you could have EXPLAINED the meaning and
importance of this (AND the other critical fix just issued)? What does
MSFT, MSCE, or MCDBA mean if YOU are allow to put it after your name? Not
much, evidently.

Take into account the users who are asking questions on these newsgroups.

Take into account that they all are worried about the flood of infected,
fake Microsoft security bulletins that USE EXACTLY THE SAME LANGUAGE as what
you just posted.

Pardon me, but do you have ANY idea how foolish your post is? Why did you
do it? Was ANY thought involved?

I am appalled. Do you have a keeper? Does Microsoft know what you are
doing?

And cross-posted too, just like the 'swen' worm posts to newsgroups!

Please, could some responsible adult at Microsoft cancel the top of this
thread.... quickly, before more damage is done? Except, of course, for the
newsgroup that does not resolve!

--
Invisible Dance, dark.apostle@mindspring.com
normally I've posted using a different e-mail address and name: Phil Weldon,
"Jerry Bryant [MSFT]" <jbryant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Title: Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer Execution (828750)
> Date: October 3, 2003
> Software:
> Internet Explorer 5.01
> Internet Explorer 5.5
> Internet Explorer 6.0
> Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows Server 2003
> Impact: Run code of attacker's choice.
> Maximum Severity Rating: Critical
> Bulletin: MS03-040
>
> The Microsoft Security Response Center has released Microsoft Security
> Bulletin MS03-040
>
> What Is It?
> The Microsoft Security Response Center has released Microsoft Security
> Bulletin MS03-040 which concerns a vulnerability in Internet Explorer.
> Customers are advised to review the information in the bulletin, test and
> deploy the patch immediately in their environments, if applicable.
>
> More information is now available at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-040.asp
>
> If you have any questions regarding the patch or its implementation after
> reading the above listed bulletin you should contact Product Support
> Services in the United States at 1-866-PCSafety (1-866-727-2338).
> International customers should contact their local subsidiary.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Jerry Bryant - MCSE, MCDBA
> Microsoft IT Communities

rights.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040 - 828750
    ... Pardon me, but do you have ANY idea how foolish your post is? ... > Title: Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer Execution > Date: October 3, ... > The Microsoft Security Response Center has released Microsoft Security> Bulletin MS03-040 ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040 - 828750
    ... Pardon me, but do you have ANY idea how foolish your post is? ... > Title: Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer Execution > Date: October 3, ... > The Microsoft Security Response Center has released Microsoft Security> Bulletin MS03-040 ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040 - 828750
    ... "Phil Weldon" wrote in message ... Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer Execution ... |> The Microsoft Security Response Center has released Microsoft Security ... |> Bulletin MS03-040 ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040 - 828750
    ... "Phil Weldon" wrote in message ... Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer Execution ... |> The Microsoft Security Response Center has released Microsoft Security ... |> Bulletin MS03-040 ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040 - 828750
    ... "Phil Weldon" wrote in message ... Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer Execution ... |> The Microsoft Security Response Center has released Microsoft Security ... |> Bulletin MS03-040 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)