Re: Windows 2000 pro Administrator passw.

From: Bill Lowery (bill.lowery_at_gd-ns.com)
Date: 08/21/03

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:13:35 -0400

go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html and
download the tool to reset the admin password. This utility boots from
floppy using Linux OS. Very easy to use. When prompted to enter new
password always use " * " to blank the password and then go change the
password once your back into your system. Hope this helps.

Bill Lowery
MCSA, MCSE, A+

"Ryan" <rbush1@telus.net> wrote in message
> One of my users have forgotten their administrator
> password on the local machine how do I restore or change
> their password.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Locked out, dont have password.
    ... This utility boots from ... floppy using Linux OS. ... > prompt came up, and it would no longer accept my user ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Lost Password
    ... This utility boots from ... floppy using Linux OS. ... > I have the Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Lost Admin Password
    ... Winternals has some tools but there is also a free Linux based boot floppy ... Like the MS rep, beware though, I have had mixed results with the Linux ... creates a new SYSTEM service which resets the Admin password ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Forgoten password
    ... This utility boots from ... floppy using Linux OS. ... > reloading the operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: installation problems
    ... RH 9 had trashed my Linux partition and rendered my PC unbootable. ... >you can create the floppy from and can be created on a differnet ... >on the CD as the floppy boot image. ... and since flash drives seem to be listed in /proc as scsi devices, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)