Desktop icons

From: mary thomas (Mary_A_Thomas_at_basuch.com)
Date: 08/11/03

Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:07:19 -0700

Keep users from removing or adding icons and closing
toolbars. This is one pc with many users but one login id.
Need to lock down this pc.
Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Locking Toolbars
    ... it a bit that I wasn't going to be able to lock the toolbars - you are ... online Help was implemented in Office ... This might seem a stupid post, but I unlocked the Toolbars a few days ago ... The custom toolbar kept appearing as ...
    (microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars)
  • Re: locking out sshd break in attempts?
    ... In January of this year I asked about ways to lock out sshd break ins. ... It appears that the connection attempt counter is incremented BEFORE the hitcount rule is encountered, so if it is set to 2 it sees 1 and is happy to go on, but if it is set to 1, it sees 1, and locks out even the first connection attempt. ... Since usually local machines are allowed to login as frequently as desired, there is a rule that provides for that before the rule that blocks the restricts ... EPHEMERAL_PORTS=1024:65535 #Unprivileged port range ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: bad logon attempts against the Unlock dialog box dont count
    ... login as administrator and start Active Directory Wizard. ... 10.- So, now, we have our domain controler locked, but we have the administrator username and password, so we unlock the computer and we login as the administrator (our "secondadmin" user is still locked). ... 14.- We are logged in, so, we lock the computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Preventing multiple logins in 2003
    ... > members of staff to login using their user account. ... For now we have written a little logon script which writes a lock into ... time to time we run into trouble if a users machine has a blue screen ... The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: analyse this linux file sharing related question
    ... that won't work because all locking functions take ... > Closing the file normally flushes the buffers for you. ... > the lock, in that order. ... > (Otherwise I suspect the data just might get written to disk on close ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)