Re: Miskeyed password change - cant login (admin)

From: Bobby Armstrong (bobbyarmstrong_at_cox-internet.com)
Date: 07/17/03

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:12:08 -0500

I think this page will help you reset the Administrator password
http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm
there are some free tools that I think will work

Tell me if it does the email address is real or if I can help more

Bobby Armstrong
bobbyarmstrong@cox-internet.com

"Larry Steele" <larrysteele@cox.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone advise me on how to reset the administrator
> password before the username / password panel comes up on
> Windows 2000 Professional? This is a used PC and I have no
> way to get the PID for support. I changed the adimistrator
> password and miskeyed it. Now I cannot get past the login
> panel that comes up first. I tried keying in the new
> password and it is rejected. Is there anyway around this
> problem (use of .bat files on a diskette?). I appreciate
> anyone's assistance in getting past this login panel. It
> is a home PC.
> Thank You in advance for your advise.
> Larry Steele

Relevant Pages

  • Re: administrator login
    ... However there are number of third party products that can boot a Windows XP ... PC and reset the local administrators password. ... reset administrator password Windows XP ... > drive with the OEM CD's. ...
  • Re: Windows Vista Administrator lost password
    ... If you havenot NTFS encrypted files on your computer, ... administrator password to blank using a Windows Password Reset Disc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Windows Vista Administrator lost password
    ... If you havenot NTFS encrypted files on your computer, you can just reset the ... administrator password to blank using a Windows Password Reset Disc. ... 'Windows Vista Administrator lost password - Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Unable to login to Win XP Pro Notebook
    ... to several tools to reset administrator passwords on win2k or xp... ... for 'lost password' or 'administrator password'. ... > Thanks for the response - No password reset disk is available. ... >> you could then create a local account to work out of and take ownership ...
  • Re: Admin Password
    ... >>Is it possible to recover the administrator password? ... > for the screen which allows you to reset the password. ... (single disk) ... boot cdrom version of b. ...