Re: Outlook Express 6

From: JasonW (no_at_no.com)
Date: 07/12/03

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:22:38 GMT

That link seems to be broken.

In Outlook Express, go to Tools, Options, Security, and uncheck the box
entitled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
potentially be a virus."

You should have a good antivirus program installed and up to date also.

-JasonW

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> See http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm .
>
> Beverly Killelea wrote:
> > I recently downloaded Outlook Express 6. Since then, OE
> > (Outlok Express?) has removed every attachment on my E-
> > mail messages as unsafe. I can hardly believe all the
> > messages are unsafe. Can anyone tell me what I am doing
> > wrong?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: e-mail security
    ... Several of these downloads were related to ... || Outlook Express security matters. ... || attachments to my e-mails are blocked and I get the ... || are not unsafe and I need access to them. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Outlook Express
    ... In Outlook Express, go to Tools, Options, Security and ... uncheck the option for "Do not allow attachments to be ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: how can i stop windows from blocking "harmful" messages???
    ... Security. ... Uncheck the second check box, "Do not allow attachments to be ... block unless you request otherwise - although IHTS wmv isn't one of them, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress)
  • e-mail security
    ... Several of these downloads were related to ... Outlook Express security matters. ... attachments to my e-mails are blocked and I get the ... are not unsafe and I need access to them. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SP2 is too restrictive...
    ... Security tab and uncheck the block about Unable to open file attachments. ... > IE (your current security settings do not allow this file to be ...
    (microsoft.public.security)