Re: Problem with domain groups on member server

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_ameritech.net)
Date: 05/31/03

Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 00:05:20 GMT

     OK. I have not run into that problem. What I would do is run dcdiag /v
on domain controller and netdiag on member server to see if any errors are
reported . Log on as domain administrator while doing both. Also check event
viewer on both machines for any clues. If it is just a problem with the one
member server, possibly there could be a network configuration/connectivity
problem or broken secure channel to the domain controller - netdiag would
show that. -- Steve

"Ken" <nobody@home> wrote in message
> Yep, it is a security group.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: migration from win 2000 to Win2k8 server Ent - URGENT
    ... Win2k8 Ent Server does not run dcdisg and netdiag giving following error ... Domain Controller Diagnosis ... Connecting to directory service on server mediaphoneplus.com. ... DcDiag: a dcdiag exception raised, ...
  • Re: Old DC with problem
    ... If you don't have the tools installed, install them from your server ... Run dcdiag and netdiag in verbose mode. ... If I change connection in AD User & Computers to new Domain Controller, ...
  • Re: Netdiag kerberos failure
    ... important for kerberos. ... keep in time synch with the domain controller that is the pdc fsmo which is the time ... Check the Event Viewer on the domain controller and run first netdiag on it and then ... assigned IP address as it's preferred dns server in tcp/ip properties and W2K/Xp Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Remote site loses access to member server when WAN goes down
    ... They are connected with a VPN between two hardware ... >> the remote office lost access to the local member server. ... >> I did not realize that cutting off access to the domain controller would ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote site loses access to member server when WAN goes down
    ... "I can't make the remote member server a backup domain controller in an SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)