Re: Allow rename but not delete access

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_ameritech.net)
Date: 05/29/03

Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 01:27:34 GMT

     From my experience, they would need modify permissions to rename, but
that would allow them to delete. --- Steve

"ki" <ki@master-solutions.com> wrote in message
> I need to allow access for users to rename files and folders on a Windows
> 2000 server, but I do not want to allow them to delete files or folders.
Is
> this possible, or is the rename actually a delete and add.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Space running out
    ... Mobo controller RAID, Windows SW ... Here is the drill on freeing up space on C drives. ... How to move Exchange databases and logs in Exchange Server 2003 ... How to Move Small Business Server 2000 Company and Users Shared Folders ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Running out of disk space on C
    ... server RAID array), and have done what I can to reduce the size of C:, ie ... will require some attention as service packs and updates take up room. ... How to Move Small Business Server 2000 Company and Users Shared Folders ... How to Move the Client Programs Folder to Another Location in Windows Small ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • extend c partition
    ... server RAID array), and have done what I can to reduce the size of C:, ie ... will require some attention as service packs and updates take up room. ... How to Move Small Business Server 2000 Company and Users Shared Folders ... How to Move the Client Programs Folder to Another Location in Windows Small ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is it safe to move service pack folder?
    ... Best if you have 2 drives, ... Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows Technologies) ... When moving folders, especially your Exchange data base, revisit the ... How to move Exchange databases and logs in Exchange Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Volume Shadow Copy Previous Version of files missing
    ... I was actually not trying to access the Previous Version tab from the server ... folders is available. ... The only thing I know changed on that system were the windows updates I ... must have a working network connection and be viewing the volume as a shared ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)