Unable to edit Security Policies on Win2K Machine

From: Jim Strenk (jimstrenk_at_mindspring.com)
Date: 05/29/03

Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:44:22 GMT

Having edited security policies in the past, I am now unable to do so on the
same Win2K machine. The Security MCC is telling me that the database is
corrupted. I see messages about the same thing when looking at error logs
for both applications and system.

Is there a setting(s) within the security settings that might affect the
transferring of files from one machine to another using a NIC Card? I'm
limited to very small files that get transferred (less than 70K).

Is there a way that I can restore the required files so that they can be
edited once again?

Would sending the required files in somewhat generic form be a possibility?

Could repairing from the Windows 2000 Professional CD be a possibility?

Any suggestions, tips or errata would be greatly appreciated! A copy of
your reply to my email address would also be helpful.