Re: Adding user from other domain to local group

From: Boris Skoblo (borsk_at_tx.technion.ac.il)
Date: 05/28/03

Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:43:43 +0200

Thanks to All,

If it possible, please specify a source where it is described

...Boris

"Benoit Boudeville" <bboudev-NOSPAM@club-internet.fr> wrote in message

> this is normal, since Administrators is a domain local group and such,
there
> is no replication mecanism for these (since there's no reason to...)
>
> from a trusted domain you can't see your group membership as it's
exclusively
> a view from the local domain
>
> Boris Skoblo wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I add the user from another domain in the same forest to group
> > Administrators of my domain. After several days of waiting this user
does
> > not see that he a member of the group Administrators of my domain, but I
see
> > him as a member of this group. AD Replication Monitor shows that
> > replications between domains were successful.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > ...Boris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Adding user from other domain to local group
    ... this is normal, since Administrators is a domain local group and such, there ... is no replication mecanism for these ... > him as a member of this group. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Administrator cant change security
    ... administrators group on the domain member can configure permissions on any ... computers can not reliably contact a domain controller. ... I'm signing on as Administrator on a second Windows 2003 server that is ...
  • Re: Security groups being removed
    ... be the expected behavior because of the AdminSDHolder thread on the DC ... This object is used to control the permissions of user accounts that are ... members of the built-in Administrators or Domain Administrators groups. ... a user account is a member of one of these administrative groups because ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: True difference between Domain Admin grp and Administrators Group
    ... is a member of the domain "administrator" group by default. ... The domain admin group not only has local administrator ... group is automatically added to the local "administrators" group. ... Members of this group have full control of the domain. ...
  • RE: Permissions
    ... administrative permissions in each domain (Domainb.local ... Create a local group on the member server in the ... >Symptom 1 often occurs when the domain administrators ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)