Install certificate in personnal store

From: Cranky (crankykong21_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/28/03

Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:58:37 +0200

Hello,
I use the enrollment station to request a certificate (for smartcard logon).
I choose the template SmarcardUser so I can also use my certificate to sign
email with Outlook.

After the enrollment, I have a RSA key pair and the certificate on my smart
card.
With PKCS #11 I can read the value of the certificate object and then create
a *.cer file with this value.

So I have exported my certificate from the smart card to a *.cer

Now, I would like to install this certificate (*.cer) in the personnal store
of my computer.
So I double click on the *.cer -> Install Certificate.
In the wizard to install the certificate, if the wizard choose automatically
the store, the certificate is placed in the store intermediaray authority
and not in the personnal store. (I can see that with IE).

If I choose myself the store, when I choose "Personnal store" and then I
press Finish to install the certificate.

Then I have a message that say me that the importation was successfull but
when I use IE to see the list of certificate in the personnal store, I can
not see the certificate that I just come to install.

And another problem but I think they are linked, when I double click on the
*cer file, normally if I have the private key corresponding to the
certificate, I think I must have a message "You have a private key
corresponding to the certificate".
But here I don't have this message.

And then when I try to use this certificate in Outlook to sign a message, I
have an error when the message is sended ... "An error has occured"

So why isn't my certificate installed in the personnal store ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Publishing Versus Mail for CSR on SBS 2003 Premium
    ... Copy it to the root of the mobile device, navigate to the .cer file on the device. ... More importantly I notice the ISAcert.cer on a default install (meaning, ... Both point to exactly the same certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Invalid SSL certificate on Exchange Server
    ... It is a certificate from Comodo, ... On the Exchange server is and SSL certificate installed. ... Godaddy, whatnot) and install it, or you'll need to export your SSL ... Copy the .cer file to your mobile device. ...
  • Re: Invalid SSL certificate on Exchange Server
    ... It is a certificate from Comodo, ... On the Exchange server is and SSL certificate installed. ... Godaddy, whatnot) and install it, or you'll need to export your SSL ... Copy the .cer file to your mobile device. ...
  • netsh error - 1312
    ... To do this we need to install and register a server ... I got a certificate (Web Server) from our enterprise cert server. ... it as a cer file and installed it on my development machine (Vista 64 ...
  • Re: adding root certificate from CA
    ... See http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/crtimprt.html for a 3rd party utility to install a certificate and some issues with different format certificates. ... It's able to read the .cer file. ... Department Computer Sciences ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)