Re: What good reasons are there to disable Task Manager?

From: Jim Carlock (anonymous_at_localhost)
Date: 05/24/03

Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 13:46:24 -0400

Well, it's a level of security to keep people from running programs (playing
card games, etc.). If you're a goverment office (not that the government
does such things, it's more commercial companies that do such things, but
I'm just providing an example, and some government agencies do do such
things), and you need to prevent 99% of all other activities on a domain
controller, you might limit 99% of everyone from using such an option.

Why it would be applied on a working system... is security and to prevent
employee abuse. You might severely limit employees to using only specific
applications on any given computer system. Of course there are other ways to
do such things, but perhaps a contract agency wants to get more work from

Jim Carlock
Post your messages to the newsgroup for all to witness!
"Anonymous" <Nobody> wrote in message
> Just wondering; A number of W2000 machines at work have been so
> modified.  If a programs crashes or locks, how does one get out of it
> if the Task Manager is disabled...
> And WHY would anyone want to do this??
> Thanks
> The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000

  • Re: OT - Kuwait
    ... > strict security procedures to prevent unauthorized release of the keys. ... > established their authority to acquire the content of those communications ... Every one but you knows the government has been evesdropping on email & ... Social Security Administration have computer files on nearly all Americans. ...
  • Telephone sadist, Hallo, is the USA falling?
    ... only invest in matters of government security and run a regime. ... Bush too runs a regime, ... I was stateless for 10 years without nationality ...
  • Security and Freedom
    ... There cannot be freedom without security nor true security without ... that free peoples bring to war. ... and the military turn on their despised government. ...
  • US citing security to censor more public records - No censorship in the U.S.? Who says?
    ... the public to see government records under the Freedom of Information ... protect national security and internal deliberations. ... over all or parts of the records in about 65 percent of all requests. ...
  • Camerons speech - text in full
    ... First, events in the Middle East, culminating with the ceasefire ... But it also means continually calling the government to account, ... This should not happen every time there is a security threat. ... Turning to the continued threat from Islamist terrorists: ...