Re: Locking an "Administrator" out of a directory.

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran.nospam_at_naplesgov.com)
Date: 05/20/03

Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:28:51 GMT

On Tue, 20 May 2003 10:48:29 -0400, "news.microsoft.com"
<sail33811@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have a client (she is the owner) that needs to prevent her Network
>Administrator from accessing her home directory on their server. Obviously
>the administrator can take ownership of a file\directory and change the
>permissions (giving himself access).
>
>Most of the time my counsel is to not have an administrator you do not
>trust. However, this is a unique situation, where they are probably going to
>replace him.... yada yada..
>
>Does anyone know how to do this? Would using a smart card take care of it?

What about simply moving her home directory to a workstation secured
by a locked door? Then a swift dismissal of the admin is in order,
they can always use a consultant until they hire a new one.

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Repair Re-install Goof Up?- Need Help
    ... How to take ownership of a folder ... In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you ... Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Re: Administrator canít see folders/files of user account
    ... > back - but unless you are smart too, Brett will know. ... > I went to Safe Mode and added Administrator and AdamsDad to the ... > permissions are still there; ... You did not take ownership. ...
  • Re: receiving access denied message on all folders in logical pa
    ... In order to access the security tab in XP Home edition you're ... ownership. ... >> Administrator account (e.g. it may be called Administrator, ... >> Review the listed permissions configuration and adjust as ...
  • RE: Windows XP inaccessible files
    ... log in as Administrator and take ownership to the files ... FAT32 doesn't have permissions, so once you restored ... user - and the new user will have ownership over them. ... I perused the KNOWLEDGE databases. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: What right allows full access?
    ... So log in as an administrator, ... Log off from the admin account until ... taking ownership as an admin _might_ be needed. ... And yes, while logged in as admin to modify permissions, ...