Certificate & private key

From: Parvathy (sriparvathy_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/19/03

Date: 19 May 2003 03:11:55 -0700

Hi,
  I have generated a certificate with its private key exported to a
seperate key file.
Now if i want to use the same certificate and the private key in a
client machine, how do i install it in the "personal certificate
store"?

I tried installing the certificate using Internet explorer -> Tools ->
Internet Options --> Content --> certificates and pressed the import
button to copy the certificate from the hard disk to the personal
certificate store.

But the certificate doesn't get displayed in the respective personal
store.

How do i build the relativity between the certificate and the private
key stored in a seperate file?

Any reference to a document will also be helpful..

Thanx in advance
Parvathy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to unwrap a symmetric key using the private key of an X
    ... the certificate (public and private key) is ... installed in the personal store of both local computer and current user and I ... The problem is related to the certificate store on the web service side. ... You installed the certificate in "OtherPeople" store but the policy points ...
  • Re: Client Certificates Issue
    ... "Active Directory User Objects" where the certificate is available, ... the Store Name for that store or, how can I access it using C#.Net code? ... not on your server. ... of the private key for the certificate they provided to the server. ...
  • Re: Help please - Can not use/export private key after domain change
    ... You see only one EFS certificate in your private cert store? ... the certificate, also when I view it, it says that I have private key ... Windows XP encrypts the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Online Only Digital Signature
    ... What's important is not whether the file contains the private key, ... In the above, the certificate is placed into the local machine store, and ... Can you open the cert store, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Unable to use third-party cert after Exch Sp2 update on SBS200
    ... Every *server* certificate in IIS has to ... The public key is sent when a request from a browser ... The public key is used to *decrypt* data. ... The private key is used ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)