Re: Drive problem

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 05/18/03

Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 12:21:52 -0400

It's likely a hardware problem, nothing to do with Symantec. What do you see
in your system event logs? What do you see in Device Manager? Did you change
anything in the BIOS? All the cables plugged in firmly, including power?

gromit wrote:
> The CD-R,CD-RW,and floppy disc drives of my daughter-in-law's
> computer have all stopped working.The last time the CD-R drive was
> used was for the installation of Norton AV 2003.Symantec have not
> provided a solution.Does anyone here have an idea of what could have
> happened?TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: startup/shutdown sound disabled xp and another question
    ... you describe indicate a hardware problem unconnected to the operating system ... You may have a combination of problems caused by your 'tweaks' and ... Also, in the device manager, under sound, video game ... |> A trip to a good computer repair shop is indicated. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: startup/shutdown sound disabled xp and another question
    ... you describe indicate a hardware problem unconnected to the operating system ... You may have a combination of problems caused by your 'tweaks' and ... Also, in the device manager, under sound, video game ... |> A trip to a good computer repair shop is indicated. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Windows freezing up completely, please help
    ... it's now freezing up in safe mode as well. ... indicate a hardware problem? ... >>> Adobe Acrobat Reader is not a programme I favour. ... >>> Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? ...
  • Re: Blue Screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    ... It looks like a hardware problem but I can't tell which one given the ... I suggest you check the device manager and ... > -Set BIOS settings to Fail Safe Default ... > -All ms critical updates and drivers installed ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: IDE boot problem
    ... Wow Ronto, you're good. ... can he go to device manager. ... sounds like a hardware problem and maybe as simple as loose or bad cable. ... >> That sounds like a hardware problem, not a Windows problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)