MS security patch UPDATE.INF format

From: Steve (stephen.h.price_at_intel.com)
Date: 05/15/03

Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:05:08 -0700

Is information available concerning the format of UPDATE.INF files that come
in security patches from Microsoft? I want to understand the effect a patch
will have before applying it. Also, is there any information/source code
available for UPDATE.EXE?

thanks,
Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Blackberry and Office 2007
    ... Up to Microsoft to release a patch for hardware they don't make? ... Simply save your items in the 97-2003 format. ... | Microsoft has released a conversion package for the computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Why did Microsoft place a Url usage restriction for the 811493 Security Patch?
    ... While I was reviewing microsoft windows xp security patches ... I came across a very pecular restriction for a patch for ... 811493 which has the following patch ...
  • Re: OT - new critical Microsoft security patch
    ... Yeah, Microsoft just released this patch this afternoon, and it was ... >> probably also get it from Windows Update. ... > You may find that your machine is dozens of security patches behind, ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Sunday March 11, 2007
    ... patch is probably already on your system. ... Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows 98SE. ... mistake of installing a bunch of their "security patches," and then ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Office 2008 documents cannot be opened on Office 2004 Mac
    ... has been 'screaming from the rooftops' that the new format is coming. ... so there should be no major problem there (apart from the ... download of the patch itself, which is a very minor hassle). ... Macintosh Business Unit at Microsoft have promised to release an update to ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)