Re: Find IP address from computer name

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_ameritech.net)
Date: 05/11/03

Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 16:37:59 GMT

       If possible, configure specific traffic logging as traffic comes into
your network through the router - possibly you have a firewall there? If so
make sure the time is in sych with your domain controllers and log traffic
to your domain controllers from outside your network - especially on ports
139 and 445. Then match up your firewall or router logs to the time that
the events appear on your domain controllers. If events happen in some sort
of pattern you may get lucky and find address by a ping hostname or tracert
hostname at the right time. --- Steve