Re: Find IP address from computer name

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_ameritech.net)
Date: 05/11/03

Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 16:37:59 GMT

       If possible, configure specific traffic logging as traffic comes into
your network through the router - possibly you have a firewall there? If so
make sure the time is in sych with your domain controllers and log traffic
to your domain controllers from outside your network - especially on ports
139 and 445. Then match up your firewall or router logs to the time that
the events appear on your domain controllers. If events happen in some sort
of pattern you may get lucky and find address by a ping hostname or tracert
hostname at the right time. --- Steve

"Phil" <pmarg@charter.net> wrote in message
> "Stanimir Vasic" <stanimir.vasic at src.si> wrote in news:OLk9I41FDHA.2296
> @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
>
> > You could check also dhcp database, if you are using dhcp.
> >

> This computer is not in our network. It is on the other side of our
router.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Host Computer with ICS cannot be accessed
    ... You read my mind on the router thing. ... My home network is a piece of cake... ... >>firewall settings, not that I've found so far, but I'll keep looking. ... and we couldn't get file sharing working until ...
  • Re: share my printer between 2 computers and surf with 2 computers at same time
    ... The main choice you have to make is whether to have the router include wireless capability or not. ... Because wireless routers for home use are relatively inexpensive these days, I'd suggest buying a wireless router even if you don't initially intend to use that capability. ... If you already have a UTP cable going between upstairs and downstairs, you can use that to have a wired network. ... caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall; ...
  • Re: share my printer between 2 computers and surf with 2 computers at same time
    ... The main piece of hardware you need to buy is a router. ... Because wireless routers for home use are ... you can use that to have a wired network. ... caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall; ...
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: January 15 is Personal Firewall Day, help the cause
    ... the>outside world which are in response to packets originating from ... to drop in a little Trojan, your whole network can be compromised. ... NAT router works at Layer 3. ... You still need a personal firewall or ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: MSN WORKGROUP
    ... before my router is excess the folder very quickly suddenly it excess the ... Pls guide me how can i make it again this network. ... xp or firewall., secondly i can not find my wirefall optopn in control panel ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally ...