A frustrating worm!

From: Vic (vicbee_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/11/03

Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 04:07:53 -0700

My virus protection program says I have a W32.Spybot.Worm
and points to wuaumqr.exe. Is this a MS .exe program
infected by the virus or is this the virus? In any case,
I can't do anything about it... Access to it is forbidden
because it is running (can't delete, can't fix, can't
quarantine...) Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: McAfee and Win XP Pro
    ... I use McAfee on-line virus protection program, and just recently I was upgraded to McAfee Virus Scan version 11. ... I run Win XP Pro ), I have a Dell PC, I use a DSL firewall router, and I utilize all windows security updates, and I have IE Explore with 123-bit security. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: CPU restarts after 12 seconds
    ... My daughter got a virus that inserted itself into the Prefetch folder of her ... >> possible to install a virus protection program in 12 seconds. ...
  • Re: Help please! Stop Error
    ... I think I like AVG and will keep it as my virus protection program. ... nybarton (aka legality) ...
  • Help with a file that has a virus...
    ... The file ntwdm.exe in my System32 folder comes up as infected when I run a ... virus scan on my computer. ... When I contacted the support ... offered by my virus protection program they told me I should delete it ...
  • Re: how can i kill the virus?
    ... Virus Removal Tools ... |I have a file in my windows folder called MSMGT that is ... I have a virus protection program and when ever I ... | right-click the file or trying to drag it to the trash, ...