Re: 016100 - RID pool empty

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_ameritech.net)
Date: 05/09/03

Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 20:46:56 GMT

       Possibly you have a problem with your RID fsmo. Maybe it is down,
unavailable, or otherwise malfunctioning. Since it would be on a domain
controller, find it and run netdiag and dcdiag on it. You could also try
transfering the role to another domain controller. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=255690
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305475
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q197132

"Jim McGrath" <cfnavy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I recently ran into a problem with running out of RIDs in my domain. I
> found a tech doc in technet on changing my RID pool allocation, but it
> doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. Has anyone run across this
problem
> before and have a solution? I don't know HOW I could have run out of
RIDs,
> I don't have a huge network.
>
> Any help is appreciated! Direct email is the best. Thanks!

  • Re: dcdiag error: DsBindWithSpnEx
    ... > The second controller is configured as fault tolerance secondary DNS. ... > If I run dcdiag on the secondary DNS I have NO problem. ... Verify the ClientProtocols key exists under the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • dcdiag error: DsBindWithSpnEx
    ... The second controller is configured as fault tolerance secondary DNS. ... If I run dcdiag on the secondary DNS I have NO problem. ... But if i run dcdiag on the first DNS server I get the following ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)