Re: mapping to c$

From: Dmitry Kulshitsky (dimkin(remove)_at_mbox.com.au)
Date: 05/09/03

Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:33:46 +1000

You can be logged on under any account.
Use the following command:

net use z: \\server\c$ /user:yourdomain\administrator

it will prompt you for the password and then it will map the z: drive to
your C$ share

"Microsoft Technet" <melvin@sprintconnect.com> wrote in message
> How do I map to the c$ without being an administrator? I want to map to a
> folder in the c drive but I really don't want to share that folder.
>
> What are my options?
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Pages are not saving to history folder
    ... a DOS command; it may actually recognize it and proceed (rare, ... The Prompt then appears thusly C:\Windows> ... History folder should be empty ...
  • Re: Capture window caption of "this" program in XO Pro?
    ... I agree that it is much better to do things properly by using a command ... I disagree on the method of navigating to the folder containing the ... FindTasks.vbs resides in, and choose CMD Prompt, which opens a cmd prompt ... because I saw a Command Prompt window flash up on ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: How to stop the prompts for copy
    ... i often just use the command prompt ... you could create a batch file that would do what you want with one command. ... I want every file in every folder to be copied over and to overwrite what is ... Then it opens a promt that asks if I want to copy the FOLDER and override ...
  • Re: Deleting shortcuts when they are for a C: program
    ... Perhaps you are using the old DOS command "command.com". ... and your desired folder is immediately under C: if that's not the case you ... Now my prompt will be C:\my documents If my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Vista Network Map
    ... I have entered the string as you explained into the Adminisrator Command ... Enter the string into the coomand prompt that is open at an elevated level ... If you install the LLTD before you install SP3, ... In the folder where you extract to you will find a folder SP2QFE. ...