Re: mapping to c$

From: Heath Walker (heath.walker_at_archongroup.com)
Date: 05/08/03

Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 14:10:55 -0500

it's called an administrative share for a reason. i'm not aware of you
having any options.
"Microsoft Technet" <melvin@sprintconnect.com> wrote in message
> How do I map to the c$ without being an administrator? I want to map to a
> folder in the c drive but I really don't want to share that folder.
>
> What are my options?
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mapping to c$
    ... > How do I map to the c$ without being an administrator? ... > folder in the c drive but I really don't want to share that folder. ... prompt. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: User Account Suddenly Unaccessable
    ... me that only the Administrator has access to the CWLee profile folder. ... The Sharing tab has "Do not share this folder" checked, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: User Account Suddenly Unaccessable
    ... As I started to type the second command, ... I get two error messages. ... Contact your network administrator. ... It tells me that only the Administrator has access to the CWLee profile folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: User Account Suddenly Unaccessable
    ... Modify the registry so that it points at the correct folder. ... - Log on as administrator ... The Sharing tab has "Do not share this folder" checked, ... In the middle section none of the "permissions" categories have any ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: User Account Suddenly Unaccessable
    ... Revert to the original profile folder. ... Log on as administrator ... The Sharing tab has "Do not share this folder" checked, and the rest of the tab has no data. ... In the middle section none of the "permissions" categories have any checkmarks - no marks in allow, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)