Re: Risk by granting all users admin priveledges

From: David Robbins (drobbins_at_eprisolutions.com)
Date: 05/07/03

Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:07:36 -0400

i would try making them 'power users' first. that gives privileges to
install some types of software, and to access folders under the 'program
files' folder that some programs use for private data. but it doesn't give
full admin privileges.

"mec" <mailtomec@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, due to major problems when running apps with 'user' priveledge I
> am about to grant all users (my family) the 'admin' priveledge on my
> private stand-alone PC. Having installed an antivirus scanner +
> firewall, I would expect this setup to (at least) equal my former
> Win98 setup, as regards security level. Agree?
>
> Cheers, Martin DK.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Power Users Lacking Privileges
    ... I don't know what specific privileges the app Quick Books require. ... My predecessor set up a Win2003 SBS server for my ... Give all users authenticated to the domain as Power Users the ...
  • Re: XP Home and Adding and Editing Local Groups
    ... > I know there is a way to add new Local Groups in XP Home ... > through the NET LOCALGROUP command, but is there a way to ... > For example, could a group, perhaps "Power Users for XP Home," ... > be created and then given privileges and granted access similar ...
  • Re: Local Computer Access In AD
    ... Not if you use the Restricted Group through a GPO method ... You can put "interactive" in the Power Users this ... You need to first catalogue what specific privileges ... Add the user to the Power Users group. ...
  • Re: Local Computer Access In AD
    ... You need to first catalogue what specific privileges ... users can install their own programs. ... Add the user to the Power Users group. ...