An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed

From: Amir (amirmahallati_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/06/03

Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:36:32 -0700

Hi,

When I tried to log in to our Internet gateway server, at
the "Loading your personal settings" status, the following
message appeared:

"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Contact
your network administrator.
Detail - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed
unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write
out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's
image of the registry."

When I clicked OK, this message appeared:

"Windows cannot load the profile and is logging you on
with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile
will be lost when you log off."

These messages also appear in the application logs in the
event logs as Userenv error, ID 1000.

What should be done?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Registry corrupted, temporary user only?
    ... administrator you can rename the corrupt profile. ... Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems] ... | Could not load file into registry, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)
  • Re: User profile failed to load
    ... I'd probably do a cursory Chkdsk on your Windows ... basically writes out the Registry to a flat file and then rebuilds it to ... Some sort of corruption strikes me as a good guess. ... get the profile to load correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Windows 2000 unable to unload registry hive
    ... when a user logs out of a Windows 2000 computer ... his/her roaming profile will fail to be uploaded to the server. ... Windows cannot unload your registry file. ... just reorganized his/her desktop or favorites folder before the reboot ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Windows XP Personal Profile
    ... new program yesterday the personal profile/user profile was not ... As in the Windows registry. ... Explorer favorites folder, ...
  • Re: Was this a virus??
    ... > settings database) for your profile was broken. ... > This is symptomatic of possible hard disk failure; ... Windows will now check the disk. ... Windows was unable to load the registry. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)