Power Users for Domain?

From: Tom (tom_at_rubendallconsulting.com)
Date: 05/06/03

Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:06:22 -0700

I need for my end users to have power user or admin rights
to their workstation, but not the server. Is there an
easy way to do this? I have tried adding domain users to
the admin group on their workstations, but sometimes I get
an error that it can't find the domain, or it's
unavailable. Was just hoping there was an easy way to do
this with permissions at the server.

Thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to see domain from XP Pro client
    ... with static IP for the workstation. ... its AD name & get a response from the LAN IP address of the server. ... Domain Users were correctly automatically set to Administrators & Power Users ... > Paranoia is not a problem, when it's a normal response from experience. ...
  • Re: Cant share folders
    ... and NTFS (security tab) permissions to allow access for the ... appropriate domain users (or the domain users group itself if ... daily SBS server backup, and so the appropriate level of security ... are easier to transfer from workstation to workstation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant print over the LAN!
    ... You put me on the right track, it turnd out to be the Hub, though I tried ... > server OSes for their multifunction products. ... > limited to the one workstation? ... >> the domain users & admin etc ...
  • Local Printer Doesnt Print -- SBS 2003 Domain
    ... Everything now should go through the Server... ... the Printing Device is attached to a workstation, ... resource that will print to your workstation printer. ... The domain users are individually in the local ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • New users at workstations cannot access internet...
    ... We got a new file server. ... I uncheck it. ... All workstations have Domain Users added to the local Administrators group. ... logs on to a different workstation, they cannot get online so they call me. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)