Re: Denied permission to open Network and Dial-up Connections in 2000 Server

From: Steven L Umbach (sumbach_at_ameritech.net)
Date: 05/05/03

Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 20:55:10 GMT

     I would try creating another user, put them in the administrators group
and try while logged on as that user. There are group policy settings to
deny access to network connections, though I assume you found them. Try
setting them to disabled instead of not defined, and look for that setting
at the domain or OU level that may be overriding local policy. Gpresult may
help you track down where user configuration policy settings are coming
from. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B321709

"B. Goggins" <b.goggins@duke.edu> wrote in message
> I just applied a terminal licensing package and enabled
> terminal services in Application mode. When I reboot the
> server I have no network services and even logged in as
> administrator I get the following message when I attempt
> to enter the "Network and Dial-up Connections" control
> panel.
> up connections folder"
> I'm stuck since there no security settings that I recall
> enabling to deny access. I've checked all the settings I
> can find in Local Security policies and Group Policies but
> nothing works.
> Any help on this mattere greatly appreciated!
> Bob

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need clarifications on registry-based policy settings and GP m
    ... MVP Windows Shelll/User ... For example, the Internet Explorer settings can be Enforced, or they can ... It is rather self evident that the local policy settings would ... even if I'm not translating anything. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Need clarifications on registry-based policy settings and GP m
    ... For example, the Internet Explorer settings can be Enforced, or they can be ... Preference settings are omitted (there would be no way of knowing at the ... "Migration" appears simply to mean a fresh install but in the same GPO ... It is rather self evident that the local policy settings would not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Sub OU Computer Config Settings Not Working
    ... The security settings in this section of the appendix apply to the domain. ... These settings are applied through the Computer Configuration node in the Group Policy Object Editor. ... Password Policy Settings ... All other OS before 2008 only use the Domain level as stated above. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • SMB Signing question, SBS2k
    ... Is the SMB signing issue with XP PRO sp1 and SBS2k still an issue? ... several users complained that copying file to the server ... 10)DNS settings were correct in ipconfig /all. ... use Group Policy settings to turn off SMB ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: SMB Signing question, SBS2k
    ... > Is the SMB signing issue with XP PRO sp1 and SBS2k still an issue? ... several users complained that copying file to the server ... > 10)DNS settings were correct in ipconfig /all. ... > To work around this problem, use Group Policy settings to turn off SMB ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)