Re: Folder and File permissions.

From: Jerry Moore (jmoore_71_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/05/03

Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:38:51 -0700

Will this allow them to edit and save their drawings?
Thanks for your help.

Jerry

full permissions
>and users to have list/read/execute/write - but not
modify or full. Modify
>and full give a user the ability to delete. --- Steve
>
>"Jerry Moore" <jmoore_71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I have a folder with about 4 gig of .CAD files in it
and I
>> want to prevent everyone except for the administrator
from
>> being able to delete. I want them to be able to do
>> everything except delete. Is this possible? It seems
>> that if I do not allow them to delete then they cannot
>> save either. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Jerry
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Programs that need admin rights, but user shouldnt have them
    ... applications only need the ability to modify files in ... some folders that "Users" are not permitted by default to change. ... you grant Users "Modify" permission to those folders, ... need to be "Administrators" to run the application. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Need help configuring security on a stand alone terminal server.
    ... You can remove NTFS permissions for administrators from c:\windows\system32\grouppolicy but then whenever you need to modify permissions you'll need to add yourself back in. ... I have made a group called TermSRVusers and put all users that i have created under local user and that should have right to log on trough terminal server in this group. ... When i use local security policy i do this for all users including the Administrator, so i need help to make policy changed for only the group TermSRVusers. ...
  • Re: Restricting access on TS 2000
    ... C:\ - System & Administrators, Authenticated Users ... Authenticated Users (Read & Execute) ... >> NTFS Permissions and set this program as the session ...
  • Re: SQL 2000 and NTFS
    ... >Check the NTFS "Everyone" falls under administrators ... >> The default NTFS permissions on the system databases are ... >> ACCOUNT) full control. ... However, for every new database ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Need help configuring security on a stand alone terminal server.
    ... You can remove NTFS permissions for ... When i use local security policy i do this for all users ... the group TermSRVusers. ...