Re: Terminal service security

From: Michael Howard [MSFT] (mikehow_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/05/03

Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 20:32:10 -0700

as a general rule - always use TS over a VPN session. the VPN offers a much
higher level of encryption and attack-mitigation than the RDP protocol.

--
Cheers, Michael
Writing Securce Code 2nd Edition
"Andrea Arquint" <arquint@dplanet.ch> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> We've a Windows 2000 Server network.
>
> How secure is a connection from a terminal service client
> to a terminal service server over the internet?
>
> For example: I would like to administrate the windows 2000
> server at home with terminal service.
>
> Are authentications encrypted?
>
> Or should I configure VPN to get more security?
> Or should I use PCAnywhere?
>
> Thanx
>
> Andrea

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Advice needed on secure remote datacenter and secure communication
    ... fair bit of time working with windows server, ... as for VPN, ... Addressing your issue with PGP encryption on sensitive files, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • FW: AD replication over WAN
    ... From Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Hosting Series ... OL2002, clients don't need to employ a VPN across the internet, as the RPC ... care to comment on the relative safety of AD encryption out-of-the-box? ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: how to email from public wireless network?
    ... a VPN may be a bit much. ... The easiest way to secure the out-of-office e-mail is to use a mail server ... One way is to use Kerberos-based authentication and encryption. ... LAN is no longer encrypted. ...
  • Re: Mobile 2003 for PPC built-in VPN doesnt work with CiscoVPN
    ... encryption ". ... The WM2003 VPN client definitely supports ... In such combination, the server rejected connections, ... error message on the WM2003 was that very generic one "VPN server problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: TS security for RDP
    ... It is encrypted but that's not the concern with a TS or RD server open to ... For this reason it is recommended to set up a VPN, ... > When a client makes a connection to our server using the ... Is there any encryption ...