Re: Removing directories with no short name

From: Motherchucker (
Date: 04/01/03

From: "Motherchucker" <>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:22:41 -0600

"Rob" <> wrote in message
> How do I remove a directory that has been placed on
> Windows 2000, that does not have a short name? What is
> the DOS command? Thanks in advance for any help that can
> be offered.
> Rob
Are you asking how to delete a directory that is longer than 8 characters or
has spaces? If so, use "del" as usual but put quotes (") around the
directory name.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Launching program from Start Button -- Problem with Quotes
    ... If I type the following in a DOS command line it works OK: ... guessing it needs some quotes. ... Why does it work on the DOS command line but not on the Windows ...
  • Re: Problems opening files not stored in My Documents.
    ... Charles - Thanks for the solution to this problem. ... You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows shell ... Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) ... This message is posted to a newsgroup. ...
  • Re: Word Not Responding
    ... Charles, this is the blurb that I picked out of one of the sites you sent me ... locate the template using My Computer or Windows Explorer. ... clicking on the link in one of the posts that referred to MS06-015, ...
  • Re: os.popen3 with windows; help?
    ... Fails on Windows. ... Putting double quotes around the path to the executable works so long as ... That was in reference to using xpa to send file names to ds9. ...
  • Re: Auto Restore Point?
    ... Using quotes will prevent notepad from adding .TXT extension. ... Windows XP Troubleshooting ... The script is working anyways. ... >> If no System Restore point exists for the current day, ...