Re: <B>FIREWALLS RESEARCH</B>

From: Geoff B (geoffb@neverspamnever.deerfield.com)
Date: 03/25/03

From: "Geoff B" <geoffb@neverspamnever.deerfield.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:20:59 -0500

Hi,
You might be interested to know that VisNetic Firewall (which was titled
Ambra in the beta phase), was developed by some of the original developers
from Signal 9 (who developed conseal, as you pointed out). .

You can find more information on VisNetic Firewall here:
http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic_firewall/

--
Thanks,
Geoffrey Brown
"Peter Clark" <clark@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> i was (still am) a big fan of conseal, however signal9
> (themakers) were brought out by mcafee awhile back. a had a
> look around and found another goodish firewall from
> deerfield called umbra(?) - currently called visnetic -
> check it out if you have the time (theres a full demo on
> their site), i was impressed.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: firewall advice needed
    ... > Do please note that IPsec is NOT a replacement for a firewall. ... the website had chosen to build there own server and host it 400 miles from ... my boss fell out with the developers so its left to me ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: WinXP SP2 developer early experiences
    ... > At this point it would seem that the biggest area of concern for developers ... it happens whenever an application opens a socket in listening ... Outgoing connections and their replies ... however the firewall will block replies ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • help with cvs server
    ... We are behind a firewall. ... weeks) see the mount fail and the logs on the server say something about ... The server and clients are all Fedora Core, (FC2, ... backups and restores makes the developers manage their own trees and I ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Kerio
    ... Kerio is the continuing development of Tiny, as the developers no longer ... TPF is now a whole different firewall that looks as though it will soon ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • 3-legged firewalls, routing between legs, the "DMZ"
    ... implement a three-legged firewall using OpenBSD, NAT, and PF for our ... I'm putting the "DMZ" in quotes because as I understand it, ... service and for each station for each need (shared drives, developers using ... source control and speaking to the db servers, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)