Re: Q814078 Difference between NT4 and W2K patch?

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNOSPAM@asu.edu)
Date: 03/22/03

    From: "Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNOSPAM@asu.edu>
    Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:24:11 -0700

    If they released two patches,
    one for Win98/Me/Nt4
    one for W2k/XP
    you should bet that there is a reason
    and use the correct one for each OS.

    --
    Roger
    "Harry Schreier" <harrys@molienergy.com> wrote in message news:26bd01c2efc6$3bb7a790$a001280a@phx.gbl...
    > Has anyone had problems installing the W2K patch on an NT4
    > machine?

      ... Has anyone had problems installing the W2K patch on an NT4 ... one for my W2K machines and a different one for my ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Automatically patching machine with hotfix KB824146 using mbsafu.
      ... I didn't want to spend as many hours patching machines with KB824146 exploit ... Mbsafu is an automatic remote patching tool that applies Security updates ... Download and install mbsa. ... Setup a network share with full privileges for the account you will patch ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Event ID 6161 for HP 6840
      ... patch related to an exposure via the print spooler service. ... download which offers the option of a local port. ... >> There were no problems with the install and the printer works find so long ... >> 3) All machines on the network can connect to the printer via Internet ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] terminal services
      ... >> pointing out the danger of opening extra holes in your firewall. ... >that a VPN is a hole in the firewall, albeit generally a mitigated hole, ... >people didn't patch their machines. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: 5.3-RELEASE TODO
      ... I haven't tested the last one (memory tuning on 4GB machines) ... * There may be a problem with swapping: ... >> He suggested a patch, but it did not fix the problem. ...
      (freebsd-current)