Re: Password Age Increments

From: Joe Richards [MVP] (humorexpress@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/05/03

From: "Joe Richards [MVP]" <humorexpress@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:35:48 -0500

Correct. That value isn't really incremented. It is calculated from the
pwdlastset value. When the flag "user must change password on next logon"
the value of pwdlastset is hard set to 0. It doesn't change until someone
sets a password and then it will get an Integer8 value representing the date
and time the password was actually set.

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net
"funnybroad" <jawatson@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Are you saying this:
>
> If a password is created or reset, and the user's password
> is pre-expired (user must change password at next logon),
> then the password age will not increment?

Relevant Pages

  • User must change password at next logon
    ... the "User must change password at next logon" ... PasswordLastChanged is a derrivative of pwdLastSet. ... When I graphically view some accounts ...
  • Re: Change password for users with blank password: Error
    ... 'User must change password at next logon' box just changes the pwdLastSet ... This works - will use scripting then - thanks a lot! ...
  • RE: No password expiration message/Cant change password
    ... Default Domain Policy: Local policies-security options: All that shows ... Policy: Network Security: Force logoff when logon hours expire. ... At first I get a Must Change Password notice, Click Change Password, get ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Force PW change with notice
    ... Domain accounts and a very large number of mobile users. ... > 'Change password at next logon is no good' as it doesn't provide enough ... Hi Navigato, ... cant "logon using dial up networking") when the password expires they cannot ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Set "Password never expires" on users in a specific OU?
    ... You should not assign values directly to the userAccountControl attribute. ... user must change it the next time they logon on. ... ' Check if user must change password at next logon. ... I pieced this together from some other scripts I have.... ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)