Error with User computer trying to become "Master Browser"

From: Pedro Arellano (paacm@bellsouth.net)
Date: 02/20/03

From: "Pedro Arellano" <paacm@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:19:21 -0800

Hi,

I am running a Win2k Server for essentially, a windows
XP/2000 network of clients. Interestingly enough, when
browsing the domain today, only one user appeared in teh
domain structure. I restarted the server, everything
worked again, and several hours later, same problem
occured.

I checked error logs and came up with the following:

"The master browser has received a server announcement
from the computer FU1ANITO that believes that it is the
master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_
{E3134ACB-AE20-4C12-. The master browser is stopping or an
election is being forced. "

Does anyone have any info related to what might be causing
this, and steps to prevent it in the future. I ran virus-
scan on user's computer with no results, just in case that
is a variable.

THANKS!

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MRxSmb
Event Category: None
Event ID: 8003
Date: 2/20/2003
Time: 3:21:42 AM
User: N/A
Computer: TRIPLE-T
The master browser has received a server announcement from
the computer FU1ANITO that believes that it is the master
browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{E3134ACB-
AE20-4C12-. The master browser is stopping or an election
is being forced.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 03 00 4e 00 ......N.
0008: 00 00 00 00 43 1f 00 c0 ....C..