AD accounts list and restricting users to only one login at a time.

From: Jason Gallas (jgallas@usa.net)
Date: 02/19/03

From: "Jason Gallas" <jgallas@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:46:04 -0800

How could a hacker get a listing of the accounts that we have in active
directory? I want to restrict or eliminate this possible threat to
security.

Also, is there a way to disable the ability for somebody to login to more
than one workstation at a time. I have several hacking attempts that end up
locking user accounts. I would like to just eliminate the ability for them
to login entirely.

Thanks

Jason

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Bay Area Amusements - Poor Security
    ... While users should, in best practices, use separate passwords ... for every login, few do so. ... It is indeed bad security to reveal ANY ... valuable) accounts. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: What is wrong with Outlook Express to receive my Hotmail emails recently?
    ... Once you login and get past the intervening security page, logins should work for awhile. ... Whether or not your Hotmail account got grandfathered in to allow continued WebDAV access, I've heard of this intervening security page showing up for ALL freebie accounts, new or grandfathered. ...
  • Remote Registry
    ... I am fairly new to XP security, and was wondering if someone could give me ... I turned off Remote Registry in the admin tool services, ... default accounts that came with the install. ... I am a single user, know one else uses the machine, I don't knead to login ...
  • Re: Welcome Logon Screen locks out accounts
    ... > This generates the failed login events in security log. ... > 30 minutes your accounts will not lock out. ... >> I am using the Welcome logon screen on my XP Pro system. ... >> password before the account is locked out using security policies. ...
  • Re: Welcome Logon Screen locks out accounts
    ... >> The Welcome screen attempts to log in to all accounts ... >> This generates the failed login events in security log. ... >>> I am using the Welcome logon screen on my XP Pro system. ... >>> password before the account is locked out using security policies. ...