Re: IPSEC Policy to secure TS

From: Steven L Umbach (n9rou@attbi.com)
Date: 02/19/03

From: "Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:22:42 GMT

Oops wrong KB. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;254949

"Steven L Umbach" <n9rou@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:Y_N4a.165146$iG3.19368@sccrnsc02...
> Hi Chris. Are the computers in the same forest?? If not Kerberos
> authentication will not work. If you are using a secure server required
> policy, try server request policy to see if that will at least work and
> troubleshoot from there using ipsecmon, ping, etc. Try connecting to the
> Terminal Server by tcp/ip address instead of name if you have not tried
that
> yet. You may need to add a rule to your policy to exempt ipsec traffic
> to/from a domain controller per KB254728.. --- Steve
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=254728
>
> "Chris" <firenet@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I created an IPSEC filter list to match Terminal Service
> > packet, created an IPSec Policy to enforce protection and
> > then I enabled the policy. I did all according to the MS
> > article 315055. But, now my Windows XP RDP client can no
> > longer connect to the Terminal Server on Port 3389. Does
> > anyone know what the problem could be? Many Thanks,
> >
> > Chris

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Assigning New IPSec Policy to terminal server
    ... the " Create an IPSec filter list to match the Terminal Services ... enable the policy" steps should be completed on Terminal server side. ... Enable the Client policy on the Terminal Services clients" ...
  • Re: IPSEC Policy to secure TS
    ... The computers are not in the same network. ... >> Hi Chris. ... >> policy, try server request policy to see if that will ... >>> longer connect to the Terminal Server on Port 3389. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: IPSEC Policy to secure TS
    ... If you are using a secure server required ... policy, try server request policy to see if that will at least work and ... You may need to add a rule to your policy to exempt ipsec traffic ... > longer connect to the Terminal Server on Port 3389. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Configured IPSec Policy is not working.
    ... As for the RRAS filters themselves, they're fairly basic, requiring ipsec ... and encryption will depend on the security settings of the connection. ... why exactly do you want to use l2tp without any ipsec protection rather ... > What is the default filter rule and filter policy ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: Problem logging onto TS via RWW
    ... locally" and "Allow log on through Terminal Services" on the local Security ... Policy on the terminal server box as I requested in my previous post. ... Remote Desktop Users Group. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)